Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Even when you prepare...

So for the last 3+ weeks I've had to prepare pretty much every meal I eat on Sunday afternoons.  Which I'm doing mainly because I know I will not cook dinner at night or feel up to packing a lunch.  (Pretty sure this is a big part of my weight issues)

I do a big shop on Saturday and buy exactly what I need for the week, no more or less.   On Sunday I start the slicing and dicing of veggies and lettuce and the prep of that week's protein.  It's becoming easy -- though on week one I was frazzled to shit.

Today was the first day I actually forgot my lunch.  Which is particularly frustrating as I literally have THREE alarms on my cellphone that beep and say, "don't forget lunch".  Yup.  But I did.

I thought sneaking away to Whole Foods would do the trick, however when I got there they only had one protein which was dark tuna - Yuk!  Also, they didn't have romaine lettuce OR any of the veggies I usually eat at lunch and therefor could eyeball the quantity.   What a waste.

So I made as close to a salad I THINK I can eat as possible and just hope I don't end up starved or end up way over my calories for the day.  Which - by the way he says can be as low as 900 a day based on my food diary.  Scary shit considering I usually would consume 900 calories in wine usually (or more!).

Needless to say I think it'll be a while before I'm going out for meals.   You can literally almost trust no one.  My doctor told me his wife used to get this one salad from CPK a few times a week until she finally asked and it was revealed the salad contained over 1800 calories...  So even when you think you're being good at a restaurant you can be wrong.  Terribly wrong in the case of CPK.

It does suck not letting the office pay for my lunch anymore.   I mean damn!  I'm offered a free lunch and I can't take it!  How many people would kill to be offered a daily free lunch?  Maybe someday I could go back to letting them buy me lunch -- but not for a loooong while.

ANYWAY, I'm rambling - but I guess that is what a blog is for.

The good news is Weasley can have my lunch that I forgot today for his dinner.  He'll be so freaking happy!  He loves my cooking oddly.  He also eats toilet paper - so I dare not flatter myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment